Saturday, April 11, 2009

Joyeuse Paques! Buona Pasqua! Καλό Πάσχα! Happy Easter!




At the moment I'm eating a goat's cheese, honey and pear sandwich - on a baguette of course:)

Last night we colored Easter Eggs. First of all, there are no white eggs here. They are all brown. It wasn't a big deal...the eggs are just not as bright. It was quite amusing to watch the boys' reactions. Thiago thought that the eggs weren't cooked. He also was telling me something about the pores on the shell being able to breath and how that is going to matter when we dye them. Mind you, this is all in French and I was little confused as to what he was trying to tell me. Pierre ate one of the eggs and told Anne that our coloring didn't work. They all thought that the actuall egg inside the shell would have the color too. It was so funny.

In France they hide eggs in the garden for the children. They have a big meal and mouton (sheep) is the main course. I leave for Italy tonight and they have the same tradition. I'm going to "The Last Supper" at Santa Maria delle Grazie on Easter! I'm in Italy for a week and then I'm going to Greece! I have two good DG friends from school who are studying in Athens. Demetra's family lives two hours from Athens and we are all going to her house for the weekend because it's Greek Orthodox Easter!!!! They do lamb roasts and a smashing game with their red eggs! I love experiencing other cultures! I'm very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment